One of the questions arises in the mind of guitar learners “How long does it take to learn guitar” when you think about learning guitar.
This blog post is written for all those who want to learn guitar as a beginners.
Playing guitar is not a hard thing, when you learn guitar with dedication you can become a good guitar player. Learning guitar takes time but it does not mean you are not trying to learn.
For some people learning guitar like 3 to 5 years for some 3 to 4 months its total depends on your dedication, hard work and practice..
When a newbie is going to learn guitar, for him all guitar tools and equipment are new he doesn’t know about the chords, strings, how to pick guitar, straps etc.
That’s the reason why this post is written. We will guide you about guitar, types of guitar and from where you can learn guitar easily.
Before going too deep dive in this post, keep your eye on the history of guitar.
History of Guitar
Do you know when the guitar was invented? If yes then you are wrong, there is no date when the guitar was invented.
We can not trace the origin of the guitar but on the basis of research and analysis the guitar first appeared in 3500 to 3200 BCE in ancient Egypt.
It is a classical instrument. Spread all over the world. It is totally made of wood like pine, spruce, indian rosewood etc.
As we see from the last few years a lot of changes have come in guitar. In Today’s time guitar became the most usable musical instrument.
For some people it has become the way to create a good career in the music industry. Not only guitar but other instruments also options to create a good career in the music industry.
Now let’s talk about the types of guitar.
Types of Guitar
Basically there are three types of guitar:
- Classical Guitar: Classical guitar is also known as nylon string guitar. The string of this guitar is made of gut and nylon.There is sider space between the strings. It is mostly used in classical music.
- Acoustic Guitar: Acoustic guitars have steel strings and the strings have closer. The body of the acoustic guitar is large and the string is lengthy.
- Electric Guitar: Electric guitars used steel and nickel strings. It is more playable than other guitars.
Guitar Tools and Equipments
There are many tools and equipments which is useful for guitar learners such as:
- Tuner: It is a device that helps guitar learners to tune their instrument. It can detect the exact pitch or tune of each string when the guitar player plays the guitar.
- Metronome: It is a device that produces a steady beat, it can help guitar players to maintain the tune while playing. It can also help when the player practices hard tunes.
- Strings: String is an important part of guitar. Without strings you can’t play guitar. Strings need to be changed periodically.
- Picks: It is a small thin piece of plastic or other material. Which is used to pluck the strings of a guitar. Some picks are used by players such as thin which is used for strumming and thick picks for soloing.
- Capo: It is a device that clamps onto the neck of a guitar and reduces the length of the strings. It can be used to raise the pitch of the guitar. Which helps guitar players to play chords and songs in a different key.
- Strap: To hold the guitar in place while the guitar player plays the guitar it can be used. It allows the player to play comfortably and move around the stage if performing.
- Picks holder: When the guitar players play the guitar they need something which holds the guitar like a strap or belt which can be attached to the guitar.
- Amplifier: It increases the level of an electric guitar’s signal, making it louder. Amplifiers can be used for both electric guitar or some electric acoustic guitar.
- Effects Pedal: It is also an electronic device that can be used to modify the sound of an electric guitar in various ways. Like distortion pedals, delay pedals, and reverb pedals.
- Case or gig bag: This can be used to protect your guitar when you are traveling. You can keep your guitar in the case or gig bag which helps to protect from dings, scratches, and other types of damage.
How Much Time Take Beginner to Learn Guitar
To learn guitar as a beginner depends on a number of factors including the amount of time you spend learning or practicing, your experience with music and learning instruments, and the methods you use to learn.
You can keep these general guidelines when you are learning guitar:
- Basic chords and strumming patterns: Most beginners learn chords and strumming patterns when they practice regularly. They can learn within a few weeks or in a month.
- Simple songs: When you understand the basics of chords and strumming you can start learning simple songs. With regular practice you are able to play simple songs on guitar.
- Intermediate skills: Practicing continuously can be more advanced techniques to reach at intermediate level.It can take several months or how much time you effort.
- Advanced skills: Becoming an advanced player you need to continue your guitar learning or practice. It could take several years or even a lifetime.
These are our estimates when a beginner learns guitar it will be dependent on your own abilities and efforts you put in.
Some people may progress faster, some may take a long time. In this journey you need practice regularly and be patient.
Everyones has their own learning patterns but the most important thing is to not quit practicing for 1 hour on a daily basis.
See Also: Guitar Picking Techniques
What type of Mindset Need Beginners to Learn Guitar
Learning to play the guitar can be challenging when you don’t have the right mindset. Without mindset you can not begin our journey as a guitar player. Here are some keys to create a mindset to start learning guitar.
- Patience: Learning to play guitar takes time, effort and practice.
- Consistency: To make progress it’s important to practice regularly. A small amount of practice on a regular basis will be better than a large amount of practice at one time.
- Positive attitude: Maintainyour positive attitude when learning to play the guitar. Learning from mistakes you have done in your previous lesson you can do better. Remember mistakes are a part of the learning process.
- Focus and concentration: Playing the guitar needs focus and concentration. Avoid distractions and attention on learning your practice sessions.
- Goal-oriented: Setting goals can help to stay motivated and focus on learning.
- Flexibility: While learning guitars you need to try new techniques and play types of music which improves your playing styles.
- Learn from Others: Playing guitar is more fun when you learn guitars from others. You can find a teacher or join guitar communities or play with friends and other musicians. This can help to learn and discover new techniques.
So, these are some aspects that can help you to overcome the obstacles and difficulties.
Learning guitar is the best method to express yourself as a musician and can be a lot of fun. Learning guitar is not a hard task but if you are not going with planning it will become hard for you. Only such things need focus, concentration and regular practice.
You can try learning from multiple sources, learn from youtube and join the institute.